5.12.2008

Mother's Day x 2

I began my Mother's Day a week early this year by treating myself to a spa day the week-end before Mother's Day. I figure since I have two kids I get two days! So far Joel hasn't questioned it and I am going to roll with it until he does! I met Davette, Samantha and Amber for some lunch, hot tubing and 90 minute full body massages. We had a wonderful time relaxing and chatting. It was so nice to be able to catch-up in person with Davette and it reminded me of how much I miss her since she moved to L.A. I guess we will just have to start scheduling "Spa Day" more often!

Here we are donning our white robes and matching towels before we were off to our individual massages:


On the actual day of Mother's Day the pampering continued when Elise and Emily served me breakfast in bed. Once I finished eating they presented me with their handmade gifts.



The sweetest part of Elise's gift was her card that she gave me the day after Mother's Day because she forgot it in her backpack. This is what it said (sorry about the quality of the photo I am still learning the settings on my camera):


Mother's Day afternoon was spent playing minature golf. We teamed-up, Elise and I against Joel and Emmie. Elise took the game VERY seriously and Em just enjoyed playing each hole and of course she got a hole in one!! Not bad for a four year old. I thought for sure they would let me win seeing as how it was Mother's Day but no such luck, Joel and Em spanked us! Maybe next year.


Thank you girls for a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments: